As a Project Manager & Estimator at FM Construction Company your job is to manage every facet of assigned projects, including the safety, organization, planning, scheduling, subcontractor scheduling, and day-to-day issues, in a manner that results in completion of a project on time, on budget, and at a quality that meets or exceeds our customer's expectations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, lead and direct the day-to-day management and construction activities of assigned projects
- Resolve day-to-day issues that may arise to ensure a timely, safe and profitable project
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment
- Responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout
- Guarantee customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Forecast and analyze constructions costs, exposures, and profits until project is completed
- Correspond, update and maintain a good business relationship with owner, architect and team members
- Make commitments to the client, architect, and subcontractors as appropriate to the successful completion of the project in conformity with company policy and management direction
- Manage subcontracting issues
- Ensure all subcontracts and purchase orders are drafted in a timely fashion
- Negotiate and price all owner and subcontractor change orders then execute in a timely fashion
- Direct involvement in preparation of a project schedule and continually review to make sure the project schedule is adhered to or modified as necessary
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge
- Interface with other company departments as necessary, which may include scheduling, budgeting changes, material and equipment expenditures, estimating, payroll, personnel matters, construction, masonry, steel groups and all subsidiaries
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Capable of successfully solving technical problems requiring excellent judgment
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use technology (computer/smartphone, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of all general construction methods including but not limited to concrete, ironwork, masonry, steel, etc.
- All employees are required to have an up-to-date CPR certificate and OSHA training (will be provided by FM Construction)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field. In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of relevant Project Management/Construction Management experience will be considered. This job is perfect for an existing foreman or superintendent who wants to start a new career “in the office.”
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply in person at FM Construction Company, 530 E. Lexington Avenue, Suite 175, Elkhart, IN 46516.
Project Manager & Estimator
Experienced Commercial Carpenters
FM Construction is looking for highly motivated full-time commercial carpenters. At least one year of experience is required, preferably in commercial construction. Candidates should also have transportation to the job sites.
FM Construction Company has been providing the Indiana and Michigan region with solutions to its commercial construction and development needs since 1982.
Come be a part of a company that values its employees. We offer on-the-job training, as well as leadership and advancement opportunities. FM Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Qualifications for Carpenters:
- Able to read a tape measure
- Able to carry up to 80 pounds
- One year of experience
- Transportation to job sites
- Having own hand tools is a plus
Additional Experience helpful in:
- Steel Stud Framing
- Finish Carpentry
- Paid Holidays
Please apply in person at FM Construction, 530 E. Lexington Ave., #175, Elkhart, IN 46516
- Previous carpenter experience: 1 year
To inquire about other positions available at FM Construction Company, please reach out to us with the below form.