A. CARL TIEDEMANN
Real Estate Development & Rehabilitation
A. Carl Tiedemann
President & CEO
Carl Tiedemann is the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Tiedemann Group and its subsidiary, FM Construction. The Tiedemann Group is an organization of interrelated companies providing an array of real estate and construction services throughout the Midwest. In addition to FM Construction Company, the Tiedemann Group of companies includes FM Stone Commercial, J. Wilsey Appraisal Co., Eastpoint Business Centre, Lexington Business Centre, Tiedemann Realty Services, A.C. Tiedemann Inc. and Tiedemann Wines.
After starting out as a founding partner of FM Property Management (what became FM Stone Commercial) in 1978, Carl launched FM Construction Company in 1982. FM Construction provides construction and development services in Indiana and Michigan.
Carl has spent his entire career in the ownership, development and management of commercial and industrial real estate. His areas of expertise include property acquisition, construction, development and facility asset management of commercial and industrial real estate. Additional capabilities include property analysis, small business incubator development and management.
Carl has received the Certified Property Manager (CPM) Designation awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), the SIOR designation awarded by the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors and the CRE designation awarded by the Counselors of Real Estate. He is the past President of the Indiana SIOR Chapter and has served on SIOR national committees including Admissions, Budget and Financial & Global Affairs. As a Charter Member of the Northern Indiana Chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management, Carl has served in various chapter offices, including its presidency. Carl is also a member of the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtor (SIOR), Member
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Member
- Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), Member
- National Association of Realtors (NAR), Member
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Past Indiana Chapter President
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Member
- Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR), Member
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of Indiana
- National Business Incubation Association, Member
- Indiana Business Incubator Association, Founder and Past President (three terms)
- Elkhart Urban Enterprise Association, Former Vice President and Board Member
- Samaritan Center of Elkhart, Former Board Member
- Elkhart Centre, Inc., Revitalization Organization, Former Board President (two terms)
- City of Elkhart Steering Committee, Former Long Range Planning Committee Chair
- Michiana Building Owners and Managers Association, Former Board Member
- Michiana Investment Network Board Directors, Former Member
- AURORA Capital Development Corp., City of Elkhart micro-loan program, Former Director
- Elkhart County's Horizon Project, Former Small Business Development & Entrepreneurship Committee Chair